80gr cane sugar
100ml of coconut oil or butter or ghee
80gr of coconut yogurt sugar free
100gr of flour of your choice ( I have used plain one, as I wanted to share this cake with my partner LOL )
150gr of fresh strawberries
2tsp of baking powder
- Heat you oven to 180 C.
- Beat the egg whites and half of the sugar in bowl until they turn hard and brilliant.
- Mix the yolks with the rest of the sugar and once they became creamy and clear, add the yogurt and the coconut oil, mix well until well combined.
- Take a spatula and gently add the beaten egg whites into the yolks mixture and ( it will take a bit of time...) mix well paying extremely attention in order to maintain the fluffy consistency.
- Sift in the flour & the baking powder, also very gently, with the help of the spatula.
- Grease and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Pour half the batter in and top with diced strawberries.
- Add the remaining half of the batter and cover with the remaining diced strawberries. I have also added extra cane sugar and you can do it too or add some other toppings.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy with more fresh strawberries!